What can you see and what can you do in Guadix and surroundings?
1. Guadix has the largest cave dwelling population in Europe. Go for a walk in the cave neighbourhood, with the white chimneys sticking up here and there.
2. Visit the impressive Cathedral, a mix of Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque. In the nearby streets you'll see many mansions and palaces too.
3. Don't miss the Plaza de la Constitución, with its nice terraces and café's. Here you'll find the Tourist Information Office and the City Hall.
4. Guadix has many churches worth a visit. In this picture you can see the Santiago Church.
5. If you come to Guadix during Holy Week, the many different processions won't leave you indifferent.
6. The Alcazaba, a Moorish fortress on the top of a hill.
7. Health and beauty treatments in the historical Spa of Graena, at 10 minutes by car. Click here for more information on this Moorish spa.
8. La Calahorra fortress is only 15 minutes away by car. You can read more about it here.
9. The festival of Cascamorras, classed as International Tourist Interest. It's celebrated in September.
10. Guadix is only a 40 minutes ride from Granada, and that's a MUST see for anyone. If you want to visit the Alhambra, don't forget to book your tickets with months in advance!
11. The Cabo de Gata Natural Park, an amazing volcanic landscape with beautiful unspoilt beaches. Recognized as a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO.
12. You can ski from November until May in Sierra Nevada Resort. It's only 1h30min from Guadix. More information here.
13. The Megalithic Park of Gorafe (30 minutes away), with the largest concentration of domens in Europe.
CONTACT FAQ GENERAL CONDITIONS